Parker's Cove was founded sometime between 1874 and 1884. Its first settlers came here to make winter homes, to avail of the forest resources and the availability of fresh water. During the summer they would move to areas further out in the bay so they could be closer to the fishing grounds. Throughout its history, Parker's Cove has been a predominantly Roman Catholic community.
The permanent settlement of Parker's Cove was largely as a result of people moving there from the abandoned communities of Rattle, Kippen's Harbour and the Gully. The predominant family, the Murphys, came from St. Joseph's. More about our history will be posted soon.